Saturday 15 March 2014

GIFS

GIF: Graphics Interchange Format:
 
PROS
The GIF format has 256 different colours that can be used. The format also used lossless compression and can be used for logos and flat areas of colours with a well defined regions. GIF format is suitable for icons that have a dew colours in them. GIFS are suitable for small animations and support transparency. GIFs show something that has never been seen before and allows a moment to live on.
CONS

GIF is the oldest format on the web - 1989 and in most cases GIFs take up lots of memory with big file sizes.

Chosen Video with GIFs:



GIF of boy getting knocked over by a dog in the water - I like how the GIF is short and keeps going on forever. The GIF was created to be funny and I think that the GIF is relatively funny as it shows the boy falling into the water over and over again. I also like how the GIF is repeated and the sped up. This is for humour and it makes the GIF funnier. The video also has audio behind the GIF. As the young boy falls into the water with the dog the soundtrack is 'I get knocked down'. This is also for humour but I think that it really works.


Is the GIF format a valid expression of are GIFs created for a laugh?
I think that different GIFs are created for different reasons. For example. some GIFs are created to make you laugh. For example, I create a GIF of Delboy falling over the bar and played it forever. Some GIFs are created to put on companies websites for advertising reasons. Overall, I think that GIFs are a valid expression and should be used.

Below are some GIFS that I have created:

To create these GIFS I imported my recorded footage into Photoshop. I then selected the small section of clip that I wanted to make into a GIF. After that I selected the 'forever' pre-set. This would mean that the GIF I had created would keep repeating forever. The rocket GIF was slightly different to the video GIFs. With this GIF each part was on a different layer. For each frame I had to select what I wanted to be in the frame. To start with I put in the number three. I Then moved onto 2 and then 1. I then added the word Launch and then the rocket. The rocket was moved up the frame so that the rocket would go upwards.  After adding all the parts I sped up the GIF from 0.5s to 0.2s. This made the animation quicker and made it look better.

 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment