Saturday 15 March 2014

Rotoscope with Process:

Rotoscope:

I went out with two classmates Reece and Ben to record some footage to use in After Effects. To begin with we didn't know what to record ourselves ding but then we came up with the idea of playing football and doing some skills with the ball. Ben recorded me doing a few kick-ups. We then recorded each other and then went back to the classroom to upload our clips to our laptops. I opened up PS and imported my HD film clip. I changed the frame number so that I didn't have hundreds of frame to rotoscope. Then I clicked on my first layer and created a new layer on top. This then let me draw over the original frame of my clip without drawing on the original clip. I used a graphics tablet with its pen to draw over myself frame by frame. I have uploaded a screenshot of one of my first frames. Due to there being a lot of frames to complete I haven't uploaded my moving images as it isn't finished.


I had the original footage below the new layer that i had created. I had the original footage showing so that i could see what i needed to draw. 


In the image above is my animation coming together. In the white are the frames that have been drawn on and are good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment