Tuesday 24 June 2014

Animation Set Up

The Process:

To begin with I downloaded DragonFrame and began to get some test images from the software. I had to alter the cameras settings to get a good white background. I also had to make sure that the 18-55 mm slr lens was set to manual mode. After 50 frames I exported the file to see what the stop motion looked like. 


To get the correct display settings for the screen that I wanted I had to tweak the display settings. 

Set Up:

Firstly I set up the Stop Motion equipment and set the camera to the correct height that i required. I then attached the cameras wires to the laptop and camera. Then i launched Dragonframe and the camera was recognised. The cameras settings needed to be tweaked slightly so i did that before animating. After the settings were all correct I laid out my stationary and began to animate frame by frame. Each image taken was one frame. I was working at 12.5 frames per seconds. Overall I have taken 12.5 x 125 = 1562 frames.  After exporting the shots I then imported the clips into Premier. Once in Premier I adjusted the colour and scale of the shots. 



Problems that Occurred:

Camera loosing connection and power: I lost the power of the battery in the SLR a few times and lost all previous shots. To solve this I had a back up battery on charge ready for when the other one was low. 
Moving objects in the wrong place: When I placed the stationary on the scene paper I had to then move them every so slightly to get it to look like they moving. On some occasions the movement wasn't in the right place. To solve this I used the Onionskin tool in DragonFrame. This tool shows where the stationary was placed in the last previous shot and shows where it can be moved for the next shot. 







No comments:

Post a Comment